Every church has a distinct flavor, certain truths about which they are passionate and which permeate everything they do. At First Baptist Nixa, we have three major distinctives:
We love the word of God. "Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD" (Deut. 8:3). At First Baptist Nixa, we believe the best way to feed upon the word of God for the nourishment of our souls is through the regular, systematic exposition of Scripture. By preaching verse-by-verse through books of the Bible, we seek to know God and to make Him known.
We are unashamedly Protestant, and trace our theological roots to the Reformation of the 16th century. We love and echo the great cries of the Reformation:
- Sola Gratia - salvation comes by God's grace alone, not through out own merit.
- Sola Fide - justification comes through faith alone, not through out own works.
- Solus Christus - the blood and righteousness of Christ alone are the only grounds of our acceptance before God.
- Sola Scriptura - Scripture alone is our only rule of faith and practice.
- Soli Deo Gloria - all of life is to be lived to the glory of God alone.
We are passionate about being a strong, healthy New Testament church. This means that we focus upon the biblical marks of a healthy church:
- Expository Preaching & Biblical Theology
- The Gospel & True Conversion
- Biblical Missions & Evangelism
- Regenerate Church Membership
- Perseverance of the Saints
- Biblical Leadership of Elders & Deacons