Steps to Membership at First Baptist Nixa
1. Completion of the Connect to Membership Class
The Connect to Membership class is a four week journey of discovering what it means to be a member of First Baptist Nixa. In this class, we will explore the following questions:
- What is a church member? Is church membership biblical?
- What do we believe at First Baptist Nixa?
- What does it mean to be a member of First Baptist Nixa?
- What is our mission? What are our core values?
- How are we governed and how do we function?
- What are our ministries?
2. Membership Interview with Elders
At the conclusion of the Connect to Membership class, if you wish to proceed forward with membership, we will set up a time (weekdays or weeknights, whichever works best for you) and a place (at church or in your home, whichever is most convenient for you) for you to have a membership interview with two elders of First Baptist Nixa. During this interview we will talk through your biographical, spiritual, and church history, and you will have an opportunity to ask us any questions you may have about our church. This is an opportunity for us to get to know you, and for you to get to know us!
3. Affirmation of Membership Covenant and Presentation of New Members
Upon completion of the Connect to Membership class and the membership interview, and upon the recommendation of the elders, we will formally receive you into the membership of First Baptist Nixa at the conclusion of a Sunday morning worship service. At this time, the elders will present you to the congregation, informing them that you have completed the membership requirements, have given testimony of your faith in Christ and your desire to follow Him, and have affirmed the membership covenant. Then the congregation of First Baptist Nixa will receive you into its membership!
To find out when our next Connect to Membership class is, contact Tim at email@example.com.